Resilient Women’s Organization (RWO) is a registered Ugandan Community Based Organization with the goal to empower teen mothers, young women and vulnerable people in our society. We aim to help these women be self-sustaining and healthy individuals through our women’s empowerment and community outreach programs.
RWO started in November 2015 as Chel Mothers Development Organization when the founding sisters conceived the idea to empower teen mothers and disadvantaged women. Since 2015 our family has grown and we have continued to carry out community outreach to teen mothers and young women in Kawuku-Kisubi Parish.
We have since opened a temporary women’s reform shelter for teen mothers and young women who find themselves stranded and hopeless, in a bid to give them some wings so they can fly again.
Resilient Women’s Organization – Uganda was founded in March 2016 and officially registered as a Community Based Organization on the 14th December 2016.
Uganda Resilient Women’s Organization’s programs are part of the organization’s efforts geared towards women empowerment and breaking the poverty cycle in the lives of the affected young women.
Resilient Women’s Organization – Uganda has been active in reaching out to the very vulnerable especially displaced teen mothers and young women and bringing them together under a shelter sisterhood, teaching them the love of God, counseling them and giving them a place to call home as they reform and are prepared to stand up for themselves as women and responsible members of society.
The life of Uganda’s young women is characterized by gender inequality, gender based violence, lack of access to skills training, information and education, there is low enrolment for girls into school and if they enroll, there is a high school dropout rate among the girls still.
This situation can be traced to the AIDS epidemic and the subsequent number of orphans created left many children with no one to finance their education, broken families, etc. and women especially young women find themselves at the worse end of the table. This situation is heightened further by high poverty and unemployment levels which make it harder especially for any young woman to attain economic empowerment.
Resilient Women’s Organization (RWO) in Uganda is a registered grass root Non-Profit Organization established in 2016 to empower the well-being of child mothers and young women in Uganda. It currently supports 30 young mothers and their children and its main offices located in Kitala, off Entebbe road. It offers a wide range of programs to positively impact the mothers and their children. We are a Non-Profit Organization working to create lasting solutions to poverty & unemployment in the lives of less fortunate young women in Africa, Uganda through our women empowerment programs.
At Resilient Women’s Organization Uganda activities aim at improving the welfare of women and youth in Wakiso District. RWO operates a youth friendly health service centres in Wakiso district which offer a wide range of youth friendly health services including, HIV Counseling and Testing (HCT), Psychological consultation, Immunization, Family planning services, Antenatal care, diagnosis and treatment of Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs).
Resilient Women’s Organization – Uganda works with other partners in the district and has established a strong network of partnerships to overcome development challenges. Resilient Women’s Organization operates in Wakiso District, Central Uganda. Major areas of operation are Kitala; where the main office is located. It also has a shelter for 14 women, 5 of them with babies, Kigungu; where the placement carries out the women’s education outreach project and Nakawuka; where the placement carries out the farming project. It is also a proposed site for a second shelter for teen mother.
It is from growing up under these circumstances that Clare Nantaba and Hope Lydia Ndagire joined forces to effect a change they wished to see in their lives and in their community and country as a whole by founding what was then CHEL Child Mothers Development Organization which has since evolved into Uganda Resilient Women’s Organization.
Resilient Women’s Organization headquarters are located on P. O. Box 83, plot 82, Kitala-Kisubi, Entebbe Road, Katabi, Wakiso district.
To create lasting solutions to poverty and unemployment in the lives of the unprivileged girl child in Uganda, Africa, teen mothers, young women and society’s vulnerable by providing and advocating for social and economic empowerment through our women’s education and young women empowerment programs.
Uganda Resilient Women’s Organization ‘s Vision;
Uganda Resilient Women’s Organization envisions a community where the African girl child and women are living up to their full potential as empowered members of society.
Uganda Resilient Women’s Organization Objectives
- Advocate for the rights of the African and Ugandan girl child.
- Work towards ending and preventing teenage pregnancies and child marriages.
- Empower vulnerable women within our community towards self-sustainability and economic and social independence through skills/ vocational training and education.
- Raise awareness to the issues that teen (young) mothers face in our communities and Uganda as a whole, through advocacy talks, and community awareness education.
- Mentor young women and girls towards living healthy and fruitful lives as independent Ugandan citizens.
- Offer a safe space for girls and young women away from gender based violence, homelessness, etc. where they can be transformed into confident and empowered individuals.
- Sensitize Ugandan young women and girls the reality of HIV/AIDS and STIs through community awareness and educative workshops in relation to women and how they are more vulnerable to these diseases and also use Sexual Reproductive Health Rights education as a tool to educate our beneficiaries further.
To enable single mothers, young girls and teen mothers from the targeted community to have an honorable income source to earn basic needs of livelihood through vocational training skills.
Our Core Values;
- God above all else
- Honesty & Transparency
- Respect & dignity for all
- –Skills and Vocational Training
- –Back to School Sponsorship Program
- –Women Empowerment Project
- –Farming Project
- –HIV/AIDS Awareness Project
- To create economic opportunities for both male through vocational training as such carpentry, steel work and cell phone repair.
- To generate income source for community women such as tailoring, hair dressing.
- To provide educational opportunity for their children.
- To provide basic literacy learning opportunity for the trainees in order to manage their daily business.
- To Provide direct services to at-risk, married, and formerly married girls like counselling, teaching them about SRHR, giving them a safe space to learn and acquire skills to better their lives.