Resilient Women’s Organization (RWO) in Uganda is a registered grass root Non-Profit Organization established in 2016 to socially and economically empower adolescent girls and young women. Resilient Women’s Organization headquarters are located in Kitala, at P.O.Box 83-Kisubi, Entebbe Road, Katabi, Wakiso district. The organization, since its establishment in 2016 has supported 98 adolescent girls and young women, 13 of these teenage mothers and were taken in with their babies, under their shelter program (rescue and rehabilitation) and provided vocational skills to about 80 adolescent girls and young women. Financial Literacy training workshops were also provided to about 100 women in the communities of Kitala and Kigungu. It offers a wide range of programs to positively impact the adolescent girls and young women plus vulnerable families in our areas of operation.. At Resilient Women’s Organization Uganda activities aim at improving the welfare of adolescent girls and young women in Wakiso District. RWO operates youth-friendly centers in Wakiso district which offer a wide range of services , Access to vocational skills training, Community and family dialogues to curb child marriages and teenage pregnancies, and financial Literacy workshops for community women). Resilient Women’s Organization - Uganda works with Local leaders and other partners in the district and has established a strong network of partnerships to overcome development challenges. Resilient Women’s Organization operates in Wakiso District, Central Uganda. Major areas of operation are Kitala; where the main office is located and where the main temporary shelter for adolescent girls and young women is, and Nakawuka; where the organization owns land and operates a farming project with hopes of building offices, shelter and training spaces for future growth and sustainability. We also boost 2 youth friendly centers as safe spaces, 1 in Kitala and a newly established one (opened in September 2020) in Nalugala village.
About us - Resilient Women’s Organization – Uganda
Overall GoalTo enable adolescent girls and young women from the targeted community to have equal access to resources and services.
Resilient Women’s Organization – Uganda Core Values;
- Integrity and Transparency
- -Skills and Vocational Training
- -Back to School Sponsorship Program
- -Women Empowerment Project
- -Farming and Asset Development Project
- -HIV/AIDS Awareness Project
- To create economic opportunities for youth through providing access to vocational training.
- To generate income sources for community women through training in skills such as Financial literacy, tailoring, hair dressing.
- To provide basic literacy learning opportunity for the trainees in order to manage their daily business.
- To Provide direct services to at-risk, married, and formerly married girls like counselling, teaching them about SRHR, giving them a safe space to learn and acquire skills to better their lives.
- Advocate for the rights of the African and Ugandan girl child.
- Work towards ending and preventing teenage pregnancies and child marriages.
- Empower vulnerable women within our community towards self-sustainability and economic and social independence through skills/ vocational training and education.
- Raise awareness to the issues that teen (young) mothers face in our communities and Uganda as a whole, through advocacy talks, and community awareness education.
- Mentor young women and girls towards living healthy and fruitful lives as independent Ugandan citizens.
- Offer a safe space for girls and young women away from gender based violence, homelessness, etc. where they can be transformed into confident and empowered individuals.
- Sensitize Ugandan young women and girls the reality of HIV/AIDS and STIs through community awareness and educative workshops in relation to women and how they are more vulnerable to these diseases and also use Sexual Reproductive Health Rights education as a tool to educate our beneficiaries further.